Talking to David Lawrenson about property investment.
This second Landlord Law podcast is more of a conversation than an interview. David Lawrenson is a property advisor and expert and we had a most interesting discussion. For example we looked at
- The three most important mistakes landlords made
- The best types of property to buy
- Student lets – and some warning notes for new investors
- Choosing tenants – and Davids special tips
- Agents – we talked a lot about agents and covered the Data Protection Act, the Foxtons case and agents fees, and online letting agents
- Rogue operators, criminal tenants, and Davids own tenant from hell
- And finally Davids work with banks and local authorities
The podcast is 40.50 minutes long, the file is 37.3 MB, and you can listen via the player at the top of this post.
Huge thanks to David for being such a brilliant guest. You can visit his website at LettingFocus.com and buy his book Sucessful Property Letting here.
Posts and topics on this blog mentioned in this podcast are:
- Are landlords entitled to see tenants references obtained by their agents
- My posts on the Foxtons case
- Preventing drug factories in rented properties
By the way I was not able to use any of the questions submitted for this interview, and I apologise for that, but I will carry them forward and will use them in future interviews.