Or, if you are an experienced landlord, maybe you would like to quickly check that you have everything covered and are not doing anything that you shouldn’t and have all your procedures correct?
Enter Landlord Law Essentials!
This has actually been around for a while and is taken from my popular Landlord Law Essentials E Course which you can sign up to and get sent the sections on a week by week basis.
However if you would like to read it all in one go on your e reading device – the ebook is there for you. I have just updated it for 2016 and it is also now available in epub and kindle versions as well as the normal pdf.
It is not available in a hard copy though so if you want it in your hands you will have to print it out. But personally, I prefer to read everything on my kindle now.
Just so you know – here are the chapters:
- Landlord’s Responsibilities – a general introduction to the ebook and to landlords obligations
- Legal background – looking at how tenancies work
- Letting agents – whether you as a landlord need one, and what to watch out for when choosing one
- Choosing and checking tenants – probably the most important element of renting property. An overview of what you need to do.
- Tenancy Agreements – why you need one and how they are not all the same
- Tenancy Deposits – an overview of the regulations and how it all works
- Rent – how to increase it and what to do if tenants don’t pay it
- Repairs – a quick look at landlords repairing obligations
- Health & Safety – an overview of the regulations you need to comply with
- Shared properties and HMOs – how joint tenancies work and an introduction to HMO law
- Eviction of tenants – a quick overview to point you in the right direction and help you avoid mistakes
- Summary and checklist – a bullet list taking you through a tenancy from start to finish