Well, its crunch time for letting agents. You have (if you are a letting agent) just four months to work out how to deal with your lost tenant fee income.
As the tenant fees bill has now passed through Parliament and will be coming into force on 1 June. It will be interesting to see how it works out.
Don’t forget that my Landlord Law service is essentially a ‘disruptive’ service and will save both landlords and agents a lot of money.
But what happened on the blog last week? There were two interesting blog clinic posts – both for tenants.
This is the first blog Blog Clinic post – asked by someone on behalf of a tenant.
I catch up with Suzy Hershman of My Deposits
This was the second blog clinic post – via thy Fast Track. Where a landlord appears to be ‘trying it on’.
This week’s Newsround looks at the new legislation on its way
The Landlord Law News Blog
- Do you know what tenancy type you have?
- Why you need a proper inventory and schedule of condition
- The Landlord Law Student Tenancy Agreements
- This is where cuts to the justice dept take us – IT services in meltdown
- Orkney is rating the best place to live in Britain for quality of life
- The Property Redress Scheme has a discount for landlords until 1 February at 5.00 pm
- HC briefing paper – Building regulations & safety, review and reforms
Click here to get the weekly roundups sent direct to your email ‘in box’ every week – the easy way to keep up with what’s happening on the blog