Part 1 of my new course, Managing Your Rented Property within the Law goes live on Monday.
It looks at the law generally and we have some specially recorded interviews –
- with barrister Robert Brown on case law (where he discusses five housing law cases) and on the courts, and
- with solicitor Giles Peaker where he discusses how he, along with Karen Buck and Justin Bates managed to get the Homes (Fitness for Human Habitation) Act 2018 onto the statute book.
We also look at legal personnel, the various types of law, housing law in Wales, the various penalties and tenancies. But it’s all quite fun, with video clips, ‘test yourself’ exercises and the ‘scenarios’.
A question asked by a tenant via my Blog Clinic
Make sure you are aware of how alternative Tenancy Deposit Schemes work before you buy into them.
Read my review of the most recent edition of this classic legal textbook, recently revised to reflect the changes in the law
No housing news shortage this week, take a look at my Newsround
Posts from my other site:-
Eco Landlords Website:-
- See why concrete is the most destructive material on earth
- How rent controls in Manchester would damage the housing supply
- The RLA advises landlords on keeping properties secure
- The Grenfell Report to be published the day before Brexit
Click here to get the weekly roundups sent direct to your email ‘in box’ every week – the easy way to keep up with what’s happening on the blog